Start with apples, granny smith is my favorite to use but it's your choice. Just wash and remove the stem.
Most of the time I use store bought caramel, but sometimes I do go all out and make my own. It just takes forever. Also, if you use cheap white chocolate it will be gross and lumpy. I just found some Hershey's and I actually like it the best which surprised me.
Stick the apples, put the stick right into the bottom. Popcicle sticks work, but I prefer the round sticks, they are easier for twirling when you dip them.
Warm up the caramel. I start with 30 seconds in the microwave and then stir. (Also, I add a little water like is says to on the bag, I add extra because I don't love tons of caramel on my apples.) After stirring, warm it at 15 second intervals, stirring in between.
Once the caramel is nice and melty, dip the apple in and roll it around until it is covered as much as you want it to be covered.
Then twist off the excess.
Set on wax paper to cool and start melting the chocolate.
Same thing, start with 30 seconds. Then stir for a while. It will keep melting as you stir because the bowl is hot. You really don't want to over cook the chocolate. You will know if you do and you will cry.
Keep stirring and heating for 15 seconds.
When you get it nice and smooth just dip and twirl. Don't go to the wax paper this time.
Instead, go to the cinnamon and sugar that you already mixed and put on a plate (sorry forgot to get you prepped for that one.)
Roll and roll and roll all the way around the apple and then stamp it on the bottom. The cinnamon sugar mixture keeps the chocolate from oozing out all over the place. It also keeps it from sticking to the the wax paper or anything at all. When they have cooled and hardened, cut with an apple slicer (or knife) and enjoy! You will love them, I promise!! Pretty or not, I have never met a person who doesn't love these apples. Try it and let me know what you think.













1 comment:
We had a little pumpkin carving party tonight so I decided to try this. Turns out mine look TERRIBLE! I couldn't master the carmel so they just kept dripping down. I don't love white chocolate, but these tasted awesome! I think next time I would just have cut apples and let people dip them themselves since I can't seem to make them stick well. Thanks for sharing. It tasted SOOOO good.
Post a Comment