I wanted to do a post last week to document our crazy day. Every day is pretty action packed with activities and running around to field trips, appointments, after school activities, shopping, etc. but last week was extra busy with reading to A's class, 4 parent teacher conferences, Patriot award assembly, and fall festival thrown in too. I know someday I will miss the pace of this time of life and will miss having little kids all over the place but sometimes I just get worn out! These pictures remind me why!
 |
| A and B won the Patriot Award for the first 9 weeks of school. They are superstars. |
 |
| The award assembly is right at 8:00 so after it was over I went home and grabbed A's class basket items and picked her up for her orthodontist appointment. They finally took her palate expander out and a few days later she got a permanent retainer that goes across the top of her mouth. It's much less bulky and her teeth are looking so good. |
 |
| She goes to the orthodontist at UAB (so Lewis can be actively involved in her treatment) and the only place we could find to park was right across the street from our favorite Asian market so I picked up the stuff for Tom Ka Gai for dinner. YUM! |
 |
| I dropped A back off at school and went in to put together our class basket. Now, you have to realize that this is one of the SMALLER baskets. I think ours turned out great. I got to spend some time with some of the other moms that I love and helped get a couple of other baskets wrapped before the baby let me know she needed a nap. |
 |
| We ran home for a few minutes and she slept while I worked on pudding and other items for YW that night. After about an hour we had to go back to the school to pick up our little bat, Cate the Great. |
 |
| We just have about an hour between picking up Cate and picking up the kids so we ran to the store and then back to the school to get the kids and drive them to piano. After I drop of A and B I take the other kids home that we carpool with and then back to pick the budding pianists up and home to make dinner. |
 |
| When we got home from piano I made dinner, wrestled a whiny baby and worked some more on our dessert for YW. We had pudding with danish dessert and crushed oreos on top plus gummy worms and meringue bones (that I did not make). |
 |
| We headed out around 6 to pick up kids and get A to activity days. I also had to get YW stuff set up, for the zombie games. One of the Apocolympic Games we played was the mummy wrap. |
 |
| Another game we had was Brain Food. Natalie found this awesome brain shaped mold and she made creamy peach jello in it. It was full of gummy worms and gross fake bugs. It was a super fun night for the kids and I was ready to crash when I got home! | | |
|
|
|
2 comments:
I don't know how you do it! And what is a "class basket?"
I LOVE Tom Ka Gai. So delicious.
Holy cow... that "basket" is amazing.
And I'm with Tiana, I don't know how you do this with the kids & the residency & YW & everything. You are supermom/superYWP. Inspiring!!!
Post a Comment