Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Charlotte


This lovely Corn Spider decided to make a home in our front entryway.  She became Lew's pet spider.  Every night he would find and catch a bug or moth and throw it into her web.  Then he would watch as she wrapped it up and saved it for later.  In the morning the whole thing would be gone.  She stayed for a while, made 4 egg sacs, and is now gone.  I made Lewis take the egg sacs to the woods so the baby spiders don't think they can make a home here too!  He has been checking on them too.





1 comment:

Tiana said...

It is a good thing I don't live with Lewis anymore! I could not handle that. I hate spiders so much. It is one of those unreasonable things that I can't really explain why, I just hate them. You are brave.