Friday, September 21, 2012

Beach Trip

 After we got home from our Utah trip we had a couple of days at home before we piled back into the car and headed to the beach.  The gulf beaches are my favorite ever and when I found out Lewis had a weekend conference in Orange Beach I made sure he knew we were invited.
 The first evening we were there we decided to take and evening walk on the beach and I tried to get some quick pictures of the kids.  It wasn't long before Cate was done:
 And then Brooks:
 Aiden too:
 And the poor poor baby was left all alone.
 Luckily Dad came in for the rescue:



 He was even able to get her smiling again.
 That day was Brooks' 7th birthday.  What a sweet boy our Brooksie is.  He's
 One of our favorite beach activities is searching for shells.  Brooks has to show me all the best ones and I love it.

 I hate it when he does this but I always take pictures.

 We had cake and ice cream to celebrate the birthday boy. Even got Lego candles because I'm the craftiest mom this side of the Mississippi!
 We enjoyed dinner at Lulu's with our friends the Morlandts. The kids love it because they can play in the giant sand pile while we wait for our table.  Because we don't play in the sand enough while we're at the beach.
 After lunch we headed to the beach again.  This time we went to the state park right across from the place we were staying.  A storm was rolling in and it got pretty dark for a few minutes.  Everyone else left the beach and the storm passed in just a few minutes.
 So we had the beach to ourselves for the rest of the afternoon.

 Here are a few more random, out of order pictures from our weekend at the beach.  I guess I forgot to take my camera to the pool which is a bummer because there were several 3 tiered infinity pools, a lazy river, and waterslides that the kids really enjoyed.  My favorite were the indoor pools because they were the warmest!









When can we go back?!?!?

2 comments:

Tiana said...

Looks like fun! You guys always find time to have so much fun despite your busy schedules. I love it!

kristenita said...

Wow, that is an absolutely beautiful beach! I love the evolution of "attempted pictures of the kids together" series. too funny & all too familiar. We LOVE hanging out at the beach during/after a storm. So beautiful & then so fun to have the beach all to yourself after it quickly blows through.