Thursday, June 7, 2012

Summer is here and crazier than ever!

The school year came to a close so quickly.  Brooks had a great year and a fun end of the year party.  He was so sad thinking about having a new teacher next year but is happy that it is summer.  Aiden was sad too because her teacher is retiring to be able to travel with her husband who is going to be opening a business in Colorado. She has been emailing her, though, so that has helped. Her end of the year party was fun too, I filled a whole bunch of water balloons and the kids had a lot of fun tossing them (throwing them at at each other).

Cate is getting excited to go to school at the "big kid school" next year for preschool and Abby is tearing up the place.  That baby is so busy and is always getting into everything like a good one year old should.
Lewis is finishing up his 5th year of residency this week and is really looking forward to finally having a good year.  This last year was probably the worst year of his entire residency.  The combination of only having 2 interns and the 6th year residents not wanting to do any work made this year long and painful, but we are glad that he only has one year left! Then off to West Virginia for the fellowship in pediatric craniofacial surgery. 

Now that summer is here we are busier than ever! This is my schedule from yesterday:

7:30 Aiden swim team
8:30 Drive Brooks to swim team, take Aiden to friend's house for Vacation Bible School
8:45 Drive back to pool and run with little girls
9:45 Brooks done with swim team, stay and swim at the pool
12:00 Go home from the pool, get lunch
12:30 pick A up from VBS
12:45 Take kids to friend's house, A has piano lesson
1:15 Dr. appt, light treatment (3 times a week)
2:00 Pick up kids, run to get a few groceries
2:45 Drop kids off at another friend's house
3:00 Teach Swim Lessons
4:30 Brooks tball
5:30 Home, make dinner
6:45 Leave for YW
9:00 Home!! At last!! Straight to bed!

I think I need a vacation!  We are having fun, but having to go to the dr. 3 times a week is adding a lot of stress and driving to my week.  I am so thankful that I have friends who are willing to watch my kids so I can go and do the light treatments without having to drag the whole gang.  We are loving having the big kids home, but could use a couple of days to sit and do nothing. :)

4 comments:

lnkmom said...

Oh my gosh! Brooks is so grow up... you have posted other pics of him, but he looks like such a big kid in that one!!!

I love your schedule! In some ways I like having bigger kids too cause it keeps you active in a totally different way than babies!

Oh, and your Hydrangeas are beautiful!!!! Have a great Summer!

Dan and Dee said...

Wow, you going to the dr. 3x a week is like old folks' schedule. Add in the youngins and I don't know how you do it. I would be forgetting someone sometime! You're right, you need a vacation.
I love your hydrangeas. In Japan they have them planted along some of the rail lines. I have seen it once and it is so spectacular. You would love seeing it!
So glad the 6th year is about to begin. whew! I know Lewis will be a kind 6th year too after going through what he has this past year! I hope the sixth years from this year are ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of all of the other OMF med students!

Tiana said...

I don't know how you do it all JJ! You are so busy running everyone around all the time. You are such a good mom! I hope you enjoy teaching swim lessons again!

Tiana said...

I don't know how you do it all JJ! You are so busy running everyone around all the time. You are such a good mom! I hope you enjoy teaching swim lessons again!