So, I keep avoiding the blog because I feel like I have way too much to catch up on. But tonight I decided I would just pick up here and post some photos from our overnight camp out this past weekend along the Williams River . Friday I picked up treats and foil dinner ingredients and searched diligently for an air mattress. We have one, but I knew 2 would fit in our new huge tent and I wanted to secure my spot on one because I had been dealing with some back pain. I wasn't successful and regretted it that night when I was sleeping on the ground between the air mattress and the therma rest. It was a long night. :) we checked the kids out of school at 12:30, loaded the car, and hit the road at 2. It took us about 2 1/2 hours to get there but it was a beautiful drive.

West Virginia is so gorgeous. As soon as we arrived, the kids started hunting for these nut things while Lewis and I set up camp and started a fire. When it was going strong Lewis set out to fish and I got the foil dinners going.
Lewis got a fish and we enjoyed our dinner and s'mores before we hit the sack.


Early the next morning we were up and ready for oatmeal and hot chocolate. Our campsite was wonderful . On the river with a toilet and a fire ring/ picnic table, but no water. Luckily we brought enough for breakfast! We were packed up and out of there by 9:15. We drove up the road about ten more minutes to the Tea Creek Campground where we started our hike.
We had a great time hiking along the river and the kids and dog had a blast "crossing" the river.
Cate collected a rainbow along the way and we soon realized that this is not a well used trail!
It ended up being about 2 1/2 to 3 miles and a great time for all. After a picnic lunch we were on the road again. I love this photo of Brooks mid-sneeze!
But of course we had to take the long way home! It was a great weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment