
It looks like Abs has febrile myoclonus like the rest of our kids so I thought I'd take this time in the middle of the night to post some more pictures. Febrile myoclonus isn't anything bad, but it can be scary, especially for the baby. When Aiden was a baby and she had it we were so scared we took her to the emergency room and followed up with her pediatrician who had us do an EEG at the children's hospital and see a neurologist. All showed that she was fine. We have seen it in all of our kids and as a result whenever they start to get a fever we try and use tylenol and advil, cool baths, etc. to keep the fever down and avoid the jerks. Myolonic jerks are that jerk that sometimes happens right as you are falling asleep but they keep happening even when you are awake. They scare the baby which makes them upset and tense which seems to make them worse, stronger, more frequent. Abigail had a low fever this evening (she is teething) and woke up at about midnight screaming her head off, when I went in to get her I noticed that she was having the myoclonic jerks. She didn't feel warm, but I gave her some more tylenol and as soon as she has calmed down and back to sleep I can go to sleep too! In the mean time, I thought I would post these pictures of Cate in the popcorn tree.

Springtime in Alabama is the most beautiful I have ever seen. There are popcorn trees all over the place. Cate loves to point them out and sing the popcorn tree song so I thought it would be fun to put her in one and take some pictures. She was so excited about it until she actually got up there and remembered how afraid of heights she is.
She was mad at me when I first got her down.
But eventually I got her to smile at least a little bit.
Sweet girl.
Popcorn popping!
1 comment:
ha ha ha, love the crying in the tree! I am so jealous of your flowers and your springtime. Such cute kids!!!
Post a Comment