Saturday, November 14, 2009

Yeaha Cheaha

JJ is out of town, and the kids and I decided to go camping. We went to a local state park and had a blast. We got there early and set up camp. What did the kids immediately do? A went for her coat (a little overkill in the mildly cool weather) and B hit up the marshmallow bag.




We watched the sunset and had foil dinners.




After dinner we had the much anticipated smores which were a hit, although B did decide he prefers his marshmallows "not toasted."


We went to bed, and the kids fell asleep early in spite of the group of 10-14 year old kids next to us. A woke us all up before sunrise (thanks!).






Georgia had a great time running around.




We then played frisbee, had breakfast, and went to the highest point in the state (check).




We capped off the trip with a hike to some waterfalls, and the kids were great hikers.




I think the secret to their great hiking lies in the proper selection of a hiking stick--gotta have one of those to go ANYWHERE!




We had a great time and would love for anyone to sign up to come on our next campout, which the kids are convinced needs to be tomorrow.

7 comments:

Dan and Dee said...

What a dad! What lucky kids! I'm so glad you all get out and have great family time. Kids make life fun, interesting, and fulfilling!!!!!
Not to mention how awesome it is to have grandchildren!

Dan and Dee said...

PS I love the sunset to sunrise pictures--the leaves, the walking sticks, s'mores and foil dinners. I felt like I was there with y'all.

LJABC and D said...

I'm sad I missed it! Except for the early wake up. Gotta love A for her early rising.

Tiana said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. I would gladly join your next trip if I didn't have to wake before dawn...you know how I love to sleep in. ;)

Katie said...

Sign us up!!! Looks fun! (and B's detailed report today convinced us!)

Sarah said...

Let's go! Let's go! Of course, that would require the stars and moon aligning just perfectly between the guys' schedules! Head over to our blog - I posted a few pics of the kiddos from the birthday party. Looking forward to Thanksgiving!

The Bullocks said...

I swear that top picture of Aiden in her coat looks exactly like JJ.
and JJ that was so fun to see you! I hope we get to see you at Christmas. Someday when we're in a different spot in life, we need to all go on a big vacation together.